Today we chop it up with a female artist hitting harder then most of these artists we settle for. Her catchy flows, look and sound make her a force to be reckoned with. Major shout out to V-Ne$$. Welcome to #HipHopEverything V!!! It’s all love. Tell us where you from and what you repping?
Thank u for having me! V-Ne$$ was born in Jamaica and raised in CT. I rep both Jamaica and Hartford CT
- Jamaica Stand up! Listen, we heard “Not Like V” & “Unlikely “ and I must admit. I’m feeling it. No lie! Your style’s dope. What’s the project you pushing right now? Any more vids on the come up, if so, can we get dates?
Much love and thanks! Right now I'm currently pushing my new mix tape entitled "Feature Presentation: She's Out Of My League". I'll be dropping a few videos from the mixtape throughout the month of August to prepare for the release of my EP entitled "G.O.A.L." later this year
- How did this journey into Hip Hop start? Who’s your major influencer? Let us know how, what and where did it all start for you as an independent Hip Hop artist.
I'd say the journey started at a very young age. I was raised in a musically rich environment and that alone influenced me greatly. Poetry was second hand for me and i decided to put a beat behind those words. Growing up in the 90s also influenced me. I believe that was a time where Hip Hop was alive and thriving so it's easy to say that Nas was one of my biggest influences in music.
- What separates you V-Ne$$ from the rest of the competition?
I believe the fact that I don't come with any gimmicks and I don't pretend to be anything I'm not. It's easier for me to just be myself... And I think people will appreciate that raw and unfiltered humanness.
- We know it isn’t easy to keep pushing as an independent artist. What keeps you motivated V?
My passion keeps me going. If there's one thing I've learned in life it's that you have to live what you do...you have to wake up wanting it more and more... My passion keeps me going.
- V, we appreciate you. We need you to keep pushing. You have mad potential and want to see you do good. That said, stick around and always holler with new heat.